Thursday, October 28, 2021

Portrait & Propaganda

     

  
               
This is my Portrait and Propaganda Poster project. This is my absolute favorite project I've created. The picture I used was a selfie I took was of me in a wig that I usually use for cosplay. The wig gives me a lot of confidence that I usually don't have. Cosplaying is one of my favorite activities because I get to display my creativity and talent with costumes and makeup. My Propaganda poster is about being black in the cosplay community. Many black cosplayers are looked down upon and made fun of for "not being the accurate skin color". This makes a lot of black coplayers and cosplayers of color in general, myself included, feel less appreciated in the cosplay community. They feel like they can't cosplay certain characters just because of how they look. My poster is for all of the black cosplayers who feel like they aren't beautiful. I just wanted to share that black coplayers are beautiful and can cosplay whatever character they want because the characters are fictional.
 

5 comments:

  1. I love this project so much! Your hair in the portrait came out so awesome! I loved how you kept yourself black and white and just changed the colors around yourself. The message you are conveying is amazing too. The portrait is so smooth and you can tell the hard-work you did on this. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is absolutely incredible. I remember specifically when you presented this it really stuck with me. When I knew we would have to comment on everyone's blog, I knew I had to find this project on your page. Your editing on this is amazing, and I love the colors you used. I also think it really got your message across, and I think this could literally have been done by a professional. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your project came out very nice. This project looks like it was done professionally. You did a really good job editing this. Overall your project came to very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Im sorry you feel your community can be unaccecpting. I think your portraint came out really good. The lines are very clean and the hair is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your portrait and poster came out really good. Your project is sending a powerful message.

    ReplyDelete

Business Cards

This project was about making business cards using our 3 differently colored logos. My favorite is the first one because of the color scheme...